Sunday, November 8, 2009

HOCKEY, HOCKEY, and MORE HOCKEY!

Here we go again, it's that time of year. HOCKEY WILL NOW DOMINATE OUR LIVES for the next 5 months. Talon's first game was Saturday (they won...8-3 I think). Aaron is coaching the team. They have practice Friday evenings and games on Saturdays.


Aaron also continues to run the men's hockey league at the rec center every Friday night. So he gets done with Talon's practice and home around 6:00, then back to the rink from 8:45 until after midnight. If he is not playing, he has to be there to help run things. Although I do feel lucky that it is just one night a week this season. Some seasons they have 2 nights of men's leagues plus 1 night of high school leagues.


When Talon or Aaron is not playing, then we also have season Grizzlies tickets. Not a home game every week...but some weeks there are 2-3 home games.


But we're not done yet!! When we are not AT a hockey game, rest assured that there is a hockey game on TV. I feel oh-so lucky because Aaron purchased the NHL package from Direct TV. We get to watch not only the Detroit Red Wings (the #1 team in our house) but we can choose from 2 or 3 games a night!!


It could be worse...at least I can enjoy watching a hockey game (although occasionally would be nice). I guess I've been conditioned over the past 15 years to be a hockey fan! Good thing it is hockey and not other sports which I REALLY DO NOT enjoy like baseball or golf!!

No comments: